From Dilapidation to Re-opening 1992 to 2006

2006: Re-opening at Last!

So, Centre Vale School, originally built in 1871 for Samuel and Sarah Jane Fielden of Centre Vale mansion, opened in 1872 as Mrs Fielden’s school, given to the Borough of Todmorden in 1897 to become the Fielden School of Art, later an Education Annex, was eventually re-opened as the Fielden Centre in October 2006 by John Fielden of Grimston Park, a direct descendant of Samuel’s brother Joshua.

The next Community Hall phase of this beautiful building was ready to begin